3.1m Length x 1.8m Width x 1.2m Height.
Holds 50 – 60 black bags.
Our 6 Yard Skip is the perfect skip for you to hire. wwqwqrw wrwqr q3rqrwe rwqrqw wqrwq
Skip deliveries are carried out between 07.00 and 17.00, Monday to Friday. Please speak to a member of our team when ordering if you require a time slot.
You are not required to be on site at the time of delivery as you can provide specific instructions at the point of order. Please ensure that access is clear for the skip to be placed on site.
Due to the width of our vehicles, access must be a minimum of 10 feet wide. Please discuss any access concerns with us prior to booking in order to avoid disappointment upon arrival.
All skips must be a level load. This is to ensure safe transportation. Skips which exceed this level could be rejected by the driver and will require levelling before collection.
There are some restrictions as to what can and cannot be disposed of in a Mixed Waste Skip. Approved waste types include: brick, soil, rubble, aggregates, concrete, timber, metal, green waste, plastics, paper, cardboard, furniture and household waste. Please speak to a member of our team for advice in regards to any waste streams not listed above.
Items which cannot be disposed of within our Mixed Waste Skips include: asbestos, tyres, refrigerators and freezer units, gas bottles, hazardous or toxic waste, oils and lubricants, paint or paint tins, solvents, VDU’s, waste electrical equipment, explosives, medical waste, light tubes and batteries.
A 6 Yard Skip is 3.1m long x 1.8m wide x 1.2m deep. As a guide It holds the equivalent of 50 to 60 black bags.
STANDARD CONDITIONS FOR THE HIRE OF SKIPS In these conditions: ‘Owner’ means Registered Carrier. ‘Hirer’ means person or company to which the accounts are rendered to. ‘Vehicle’ means the vehicle which is delivering the skip which is subject to the contract. ‘Driver’ means the driver of the vehicle. ‘The Site’ means the place where the skip is deposited on the direction of the hirer. The owner enters into the agreement for the hire of skips and the disposal of contents upon the following conditions.
1. No agent or employee of the owner is permitted to alter or vary these conditions in any way to give any consent there under unless he is authorised to do so.
2. The owner will use his best endeavours to comply with the hirer’s requirements but can accept no responsibility for failure to supply or for any delay in supplying skips which may be caused directly or indirectly by any circumstances beyond the owners control or any unforeseen or abnormal conditions or by any act or neglect on the part of the hirer.
3. (a) Except as specifically otherwise agreed in writing the owner shall be under no obligation to deposit the skip elsewhere than on a highway. (b) The hirer shall save harmless the owner indemnified against any claim, demand or penalty arising out of the period of the skip on the site and which could not have been had the skip not been placed on the site.
4. The hirer shall direct the driver where to deposit or pick up the skip.
5. Where the driver is directed to deposit or pick up the skip on or from a site which is off a highway, the owner shall be under no liability what so ever to the hirer for any damage however caused whilst the vehicle is off the highway other than such as might have been caused by negligent driving on the part of the driver. Without prejudice to the generality of Condition 3(b) the hirer shall subject as above save harmless and keep the owner indemnified against any claim or demand which could not have been made had the driver not been so directed. The hirer will compensate the owner for any damage to the vehicle or the skip which would not have occurred had the driver not been so directed and which is not due to any negligent driving on the part of the driver.
6. The time allowed for depositing or picking up a skip is ten minutes. If the vehicle is kept waiting longer than this after arrival the hirer shall be liable for reasonable demurrage.
7. The hirer shall ensure that all permissions required before the skips can lawfully be deposited on the site including the permission required under the Highway Acts 1971 have been or will be obtained before he directs the driver to deposit the skip.
8. (a) The hirer shall ensure that no ‘hazardous waste’ as defined by the Hazardous Waste (England & Wales) Regulations 2005 is placed in the skips at any time. Such waste includes but is not restricted to the following: Fluorescent tubes, Computer screens, TVs, Paint, Paint Tins, Tyres, Solvents or Chemicals, Mineral or Greases, Cement, Vehicle batteries, Liquid waste of any sort, Asbestos – whole or part sheets / bags, Gas bottles, Refrigerators/ Freezers. Such wastes constitute an infringement of Bourne Skip Hire and Recycling Ltd.’s Waste Carriers registration and can result in prosecution. (b) Should any such waste be observed by the driver before picking up the skip or found once the skip has been tipped at the licensed premises the hirer will be notified immediately and requested to remove the waste immediately. Failure to do so may result in the Environment Agency being notified and further action taken.
9. The hirer shall ensure from the time that the skip is deposited until it is picked up again by the owner; (a) It is properly sited in accordance with the permission given. (b) It is properly coned and lighted during the hours of darkness (c) No fires are lit in it. (d) It is filled no higher than the top of the sides. (e) It suffers no damage except fair wear and tear. (f) It is covered by insurance against theft and damage. (g) It is not loaded in excess of its Safe Working Load of 6 tons.
10. Notwithstanding the terms of condition 9, it shall be the owner’s responsibility to ensure compliance with any condition imposed by a highway authority relating to the marking of the skip with reflective paint.
11. Except as specifically otherwise agreed in writing the hirer shall fill the skip within the period of the hire and shall inform the owner in good time of its readiness for collection or replacement – periods in excess of 7 days casual hire, a charge may be made for each week or part thereof.
12. The owner shall ensure that the skip is clearly indelibly marked at any time with his name and telephone number or address.
13. The owner will remove or reposition the skip if required at any time to do so by a highway authority or a police constable in uniform under Section 140 of the Highways Act 1980.
14. Except as specifically otherwise agreed in writing the owner agrees to dispose of the contents of the skip.
15. Unless otherwise authorised by the owner, any hire period in excess of that indicated on this Delivery Note may incur an additional